QPR Training -11/27
November 27 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
November 27, 2023
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Henderson Memorial Public Library. 54 E Jefferson Street, Jefferson, OH 44047
QPR Course Description
QPR is an evidence-based gatekeeper training to help prevent suicide. QPR stands for “Question, Persuade, and Refer”.
Participants learn to recognize warning signs of suicide, offer hope to a person who might be experiencing a suicidal crisis, and how to get help and save a life.
QPR Learning Objectives
Participants who complete the course should be able to:
- Recognize someone at risk for suicide
- Demonstrate increased knowledge of intervention skills
- Describe knowledge of referral resources and how to refer someone to help
- Understand common myths and misconceptions about suicide
- Understand suicide as a national and local public health problem
Please contact the Ashtabula County Mental Health and Recovery Services Board with any questions. (440) 992-3121.